You read that title right, one of the most anticipated sets from The LEGO Movie, Metalbeard’s Sea Cow will cost Australians a whopping AU$389.99 via Lego.com’s online store. The humongous pirate ship from The LEGO Movie weighs in at 2,741 pieces and will include 4 minifigures from the movie, Emmet, Benny, Vitruvius and Wyldstyle, in addition to MetalBeard and QueasyKitty.
The set will be available to LEGO.com VIP members on the 17th of February at http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/MetalBeard-s-Sea-Cow-70810
The general public will be able to get their hands on the set on 1 March 2014. Unlike The Simpsons House, I’m going to be waiting out for this one and possibly waiting till March to purchase it, simply because I want to get the Martian Manhunter minifigure, which will be bundled if your shopping cart goes above $150 (based on previous offers).
Check out the Designer Video here to see just how massive this ship is.
I haven’t even seen the movie but I already want this set so badly. It’s the largest Pirate ship that LEGO have put together, with over 1000 pieces more than the Imperial Flagship so this thing would be a beauty to have on my display shelf.
Ponying up almost $400 for it… now that’s going to hurt quite a bit. I just wish that the Australian markups weren’t going to be too outlandish, but getting burned by the Australian tax is almost part and parcel of living in this wonderful country.
Anyway, here’s a huge bunch of beautiful hi-res images of the Sea Cow and a list of features.
- Includes 4 minifigures: Benny, Emmet, Vitruvius and Wyldstyle, and 2 figures: MetalBeard and QueasyKitty
- MetalBeard’s Sea Cow features chimney, 2 anchors, 4 back propellers, 2 huge side turbines, lanterns, 2 gold keys, 2 bottles, bottle with printed ship, box with 4 black coals, hammer, wrench, shovel, gold crowbar and a barrel with 2 rammers. Plus cannon and ammunition deck with 6 cannons and 2 boxes with cannon ammunition (12 pieces), and boiler room with 2 flint guns, 2 flint pistols and 2 swords. Also features captain’s room with treasure chest containing 6 gold coins, 2 red jewels and 2 green jewels, 2 blueprints, 2 maps, globe, sextant, ink vial and quill, and a portrait of MetalBeard
- Also includes a cow with wings!
- The large Micro Manager features fold-up wings with hidden flick missiles, 2 claws and fold-down satellite dish
- The small Micro Manager features a net shooter
- Weapons include 2 flint guns, 2 flint pistols and 2 swords
- Steer the ship with the mini MetalBeard with sword and treasure chest
- Fire the cannons on both sides of the ship to fend off attackers
- Take off the funnel to access the cannon and ammunition deck
- Open the top to access the captain’s cabin and check out the maps, treasure chest, MetalBeard portrait and more!
- Open the doors to the boiler room to access the weapons
- Turn the exhaust to raise and lower the anchors
- Rotate the giant side turbines
- Place a minifigure on the fore mast to operate the mounted guns
- Keep a look-out from the crow’s nest
- Get the fire going below the huge funnel
- Make the rear propellers spin and speed away
- Watch The LEGO® Movie to see all your favorite characters in action
- MetalBeard’s Sea Cow measures over 22” (58cm) high, 24” (61cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide
- The Micro Manager (large) measures over 3” (9cm) high, 4” (12cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide
- The Micro Manager (small) measures over 1” (5cm) high, 2” (6cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide
- Mini MetalBeard measures over 4” (11cm) high, 5” (13cm) deep, and 5” (13cm) wide
- Double-decker couch measures over 3” (8cm) high, 3” (10cm) wide and less than 1” (2cm) long