To celebrate Easter this year (16 April, for you heathens) LEGO have invited all RLUGs (Recognised LEGO User Groups) and RLFMs (that’s us!) to participate in this year’s #LEGOEaster campaign!
I was initially planning on my own Easter giveaway, but this is way cooler, so I’m tacking mine onto this one!
Entering LEGO’s Easter contest is pretty simple, and there are some awesome prizes up for grabs! There will be 10 winners selected from a pool of photos who will each receive a goodie bag filled with “LEGO-related Easter awesomeness” and a medium-sized LEGO set.
It’s a little mysterious what the prizes are, but it’s great to be given the opportunity to join in with other RLUGs and RLFMs globally for this campaign!
Here’s how you can enter:
- Take an Easter-themed LEGO photo. It’s entirely up to your interpretation so be as creative as possible!
- Upload the photo online on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Flickr etc and use the hashtag #LEGOEaster*
- Share the photo in the #LEGOEaster Flickr Pool which will count as one (1) raffle entry for the Lucky Draw*
- Be sure to add your first name and RLFM affilitation (that’ll be Jay’s Brick Blog or any other RLFM you identify with) along with the #LEGOEaster hashtag in the comment for the image to validate your Lucky Draw entry
- You will receive one (1) entry per photo, and you can enter as many different photos as you’d like. Do note that these will have to be unique and you can’t just take the same photo using different angles!
- Get your entries in before Easter – 16 April 2017 and a Lucky Draw will be conducted to select the winners. Winners will then be contacted by Flickr Mail.
*if you aren’t able to upload to Flickr, or on social media for whatever reasons and would still like to join, please feel free to email me (email@example.com) your entry and I’ll be happy to enter on your behalf. Of course if you win, I’ll get the prizes redirected to you!
Don’t forget to mention that you’re affiliated with Jay’s Brick Blog when you enter your photo into the Flickr Pool! Here’s how an entry should look like!
If you’re looking for inspiration, these photos above are two of my entries (so far)! Of course, you can also check out the Flickr Pool to see what other people are up to.
So, to latch on this competition, I’d love to also run my own giveaway concurrently. Up for grabs is one (1) copy of this year’s Seasonal LEGO set, 40237 Easter Egg Hunt AND a Chicken Suit Guy minifigure!
All you have to do is share a link your competition photo in the Flickr Pool (the #LEGOEaster one) in the comments section, and I’ll draw a winner on the 10th of April 2017! Get your entries in before 11:59PM AEST!
I’ll select one winner from all the comments and yes, this competition is open worldwide this time unless you live in North Korea or anywhere else that can’t receive mail. I’ll be picking my favourite one, so get creative!
Good luck and I hope to see your entries in the Flickr Pool and comments section! Shout out if you have any questions!
Here’s the winner of my Easter Giveaway! Congrats to Renay W for this really well-made and well-composed photo! Love the Rabbots and also love Bunny Suit Guy popping out of an egg. The flowers, woodland critters and Easter Eggs add a great touch to the photo.
Congrats once again! I’ll be in touch to arrange delivery of the prize!
Thanks also to everyone that entered the competition. I really hope that one of you gets selected by LEGO for the main #LEGOEaster giveaway! Good luck!