The 2nd of April (2/4) is fondly known as 2 x 4 Day, a global day of LEGO play. It’s an informal day to commemorate and celebrate the mighty 2 x 4 brick, which is quite possibly the most well known LEGO element in history.
2 x 4 Day was born out of the LEGO Ambassador Network and to me, it’s all about going back to basics and celebrating what is the basic building block of LEGO.
I’m quite lucky this year, as I’m able to collaborate with LEGO to help make 2 x 4 Day 2017 a bit of a special one.
I’m holding a special LEGO build challenge that’s designed to allow my readers to show off their creativity that’s made possible with the humble 2 x 4 brick.
LEGO have graciously provided all the prizes for the build challenge, so special thanks to them!
Here’s the 2 x 4 Day LEGO Build Challenge:
- Your task is to build something out of only 2 x 4 bricks.
- Take a photo of your creation and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject title “2 x 4 Day Build Challenge”.
- Together with your photo, please also include a short description of your creation using 30 words or less!
- Get your entries in by 1 April 2016, 11:59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, as I’ll announce the winners the very next day on 2 x 4 Day and feature all the other entries.
- Only 1 entry per person and this build challenge is open to nearly* everyone worldwide, as long as you live in a country that can receive mail. Unfortunately China is excluded from this giveaway as prizes will be sent out via LEGO directly to the winners.
Here’s what you could win as prizes!
I’ll be selecting the best entries based on the level of creativity in build and description.
There will be one (1) first prize winner who will receive a prize pack which includes 1x 31065 Park Street Townhouse, 1x 31063 Beachside Vacation & 1x 10704 Creative Box.
There will also be two (2) runner-up prizes which will each contain 1x 31058 Mighty Dinosaurs & 1x 10703 Creative Builder Box!
Good luck to everyone and I’m really looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments section! Oh, and don’t forget to also join the #LEGOEaster giveaway that’s also concurrently running if you like winning stuff!
Special thanks to The LEGO Group for providing the prizes for this challenge.