LEGO’s April 2023 release slate might not be as substantial as March, but there’s plenty to look forward to in what’s shaping up to be a Disney-dominated month!
LEGO Vehicle fans can look forward to the release of 10317 Land Rover Classic Defender 90, which they use to expand their LEGO Icons/Creator Expert vehicle collection.
The rest of April is all-Disney, with highly anticipated sets like 43217 Up House, the return of LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 sets, including the pencil pot 76251 Star-Lord’s Helmet.
You might also want to plan your purchases as April also has a slew of interesting gifts with purchase (GWPs) like 40590 Houses of the World 2 and 40588 Flowerpot.
To help you navigate and check out all the new LEGO releases in April 2023, here’s a comprehensive shopping guide to all the new LEGO sets that will be available 1 April from LEGO.com!
If you’re planning on making any purchases, please consider using these affiliate links to make any purchases, as I may earn a small commission which helps run the blog, and support the work I do here. Thank you once again for your continued support!
LEGO April 2023 GWPs (gift with purchase)
April 2023 is set to be a big month for GWPs, with a number of appealing (but pricey!) offerings.
First up, we have 40590 Houses of the World 2, which will be available from LEGO.com as a free gift with a likely spend of US$250 / AU$400 / £220 / €250 or more from 1 – 9 April 2023.
It’s a really neat-looking set, inspired by North African architecture and will be a great addition if you’ve already own 40583 Houses of the World 1.
There are four in this series to collect, and the next ones should be released on a quarterly basis, so expect Houses of the World 3 in June, and Houses of the World 4 in September.
After Houses of the World 2, we have 40588 Flowerpot, a new Botanical-themed GWP that looks exquisite.
It will be available from 14 to 24 April, and there was a bit of confusion around the GWP threshold, which has now been confirmed to be US$150 / €150 / £130 on LEGO.com orders. The threshold is slightly more accessible than Houses of the World 2, and this will make for a great Mother’s Day gift.
See below for regional information and details for all the April GWPs and offers.
- LEGO Offers and Promotions [US]
- LEGO Offers and Promotions [AUS]
- LEGO Offers and Promotions [UK]
- LEGO Offers and Promotions [EU]
- LEGO Offers and Promotions [CA]
If you’re in the US, LEGO.com have begun clearing some hard-to-move sets, with 76215 Black Panther on sale for 40% off, for all you bargain hunters. Check out the sale section for more sets on sale.
40606 Spring Fun VIP Add-On Pack
Update: LEGO VIPs will also receive a 40606 VIP Spring Fun Add-On Pack!
Don’t forget, the 40587 Easter Basket will still be available, up to 9 April 2023 with spends of US$70 / AU$110 / €70 / £65 on LEGO.com, which means that it will stack with 40590 Houses of the World 2, which is not too bad.
LEGO 10317 Land Rover Classic Defender 90 – 1 April 2023 (VIP early access)
- 10317 Land Rover Classic Defender 90 [US] – US$239.99
- 10317 Land Rover Classic Defender 90 [AUS] – AU$369.99
- 10317 Land Rover Classic Defender 90 [UK] – £209.99
- 10317 Land Rover Classic Defender 90 [EU] – €239.99
- 10317 Land Rover Classic Defender 90 [CA] – CAD$329.99
The big release in April 2023 is the sole LEGO Icons offering, 10317 Land Rover Classic Defender 90, which will go on sale on 1 April for LEGO VIPs (be sure to be logged into your account) ahead of a 4 April general release.
Celebrate Land Rover’s 75th anniversary in style with this off-roading icon, and you can even switch up the look for a road version, or fully kitted out off-road variant that’s a great addition
LEGO Indiana Jones 2023
- 77012 Fighter Plane Chase – US$34.99 / AU$49.99 / £29.99 / €34.99 / CAD$44.99
- 77013 Escape from the Lost Tomb – US$39.99/ AU$59.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 / CAD$49.99
- 77015 Temple of the Golden Idol – US$149.99 / AU$239.99 / £129.99 / €149.99 / CAD$199.99
One of the most anticipated releases in April has to be the long-awaited return of LEGO Indiana Jones, which reimagines 3 classic Indiana Jones sets with modern building techniques and minifigures.
Three sets are available from 1 April 2023 (sorry Temple of Doom fans – it’s not coming), and these should be available from most toy shops, so if you’re patient, you should be able to get them at a discount or on sale.
Be sure to check out my reviews of the LEGO Indiana Jones sets to learn more about them before you buy!
LEGO Disney 100 Sets
- 43217 Up House – US$59.99 / AU$89.99 / £49.99 / €54,99 / CAD$79.99
- 43212 Disney Celebration Train – US$39.99 / AU$59.99 / £34.99 / €39,99 / CAD$49.99
Disney fans are going to be excited to finally get their hands on one of the most anticipated sets from the theme ever – 43217 Up House which charmingly brings to life Carl Fredericksen’s balloon house from Up.
For younger kids and LEGO Minifigure collectors, 43212 Disney Celebration Train which includes 6 Disney minifigures, including the debut of Moana as a minifigure.
Check out my reviews of the sets below!
LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 sets
- 76253 Guardians of the Galaxy Headquarters – US$9.99 / AU$17.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 / CAD$13.99
- 76254 Baby Rocket’s Ship – US$34.99 / AU$49.99 / £29.99 / €34.99 / CAD$44.99
- 76255 The New Guardians’ Ship – US$99.99 / AU$159.99 / £89.99 / €99.99 / CAD$129.99
- 76251 Star-Lord’s Helmet – US$79.99 / AU$129.99 / £69.99 / €79.99 / CAD$99.99
April 2023 also sees a small-ish wave of LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 sets being released, a month out from the movie’s release in theatres.
Its incredibly expensive, but if you ever needed a LEGO Star-Lord helmet that also doubles as pencil pot, there’s 76251 Star-Lord’s Helmet to look forward to.
LEGO Minecraft Brickheadz
- 40624 Alex – US$9.99 / AU$15.99 / £9.99 / €9.99 / CAD$12.99
- 40625 Llama – US$9.99 / AU$15.99 / £9.99 / €9.99 / CAD$12.99
- 40626 Zombie – US$9.99 / AU$15.99 / £9.99 / €9.99 / CAD$12.99
New for April 2023 are a trio of LEGO Minecraft Brickheadz, which will be released on 1 April 2023. Of note is that we’ll finally be crossing the #200 Brickheadz mark with 40625 Llama, and to honour the milestone, it has a little gold number on the box.
And that’s it for LEGO’s small but very potent April 2023 release slate!
Will you be ordering any of the new April 2023 LEGO releases? Let me know what’s in your shopping cart in the comments!
What’s the word on the little pirate playground set?
I’m super excited about these sets to come out
jay, GWP – online only? or is there an in-person store availability?