Surprising absolutely no one, LEGO today have officially unveiled the first LEGO Star Wars UCS set of 2018 – 75181 UCS Y-Wing Starfighter!
The set includes 1967 pieces and features a Gold Leader minifigure with a release date of Star Wars Day aka May the 4th 2018. There will be no VIP early access pre-sale for the set.
Here’s the 2018 UCS Y-Wing’s pricing and links to the product page (will be updated when they’re live)
- LEGO 75181 UCS Y-Wing Starfighter – US$199.99 [US]
- LEGO 75181 UCS Y-Wing Starfighter – AU$299.99 [AUS]
- LEGO 75181 UCS Y-Wing Starfighter – GBP£169.99 [UK]
- LEGO 75181 UCS Y-Wing Starfighter – CAD$249.99 [CAN]
- LEGO 75181 UCS Y-Wing Starfighter – €199.99 [EU]
Personally, I am really happy about the UCS Y-Wing. I was literally THIS close to buying the Rogue One Y-Wing but held off for budget reasons. I’m glad I did, cause now I can just get this one instead and add it to my UCS collection.
This isn’t the first UCS Y-Wing that LEGO have done – the original 10134 UCS Y-Wing dates all the way back to 2004 so this refresh couldn’t have come at a better time. The original looks super dated in comparison.
The Y-Wing is quite possibly my favourite Star Wars ship, so this is a no-brainer pickup for me.
The only downsides I can think of is the presence of stickers, but these don’t look too difficult to apply. The canopy sticker on the other hand. Ugh. Hate those.
The greebling and detailing across the Y-Wing is super impressive and looks like a lot of fun to build.
I think the pricing is decent, on par with the Snowspeeder for a much more interesting and bad-ass ship (sorry Snowspeeder fans). Definitely picking this one up.
What do you think of the 2018 UCS Y-Wing? Are you going to pick this one up on Star Wars Day?
Press Release Text:
Own part of Star Wars history with LEGO® Star Wars Ultimate Y-Wing Starfighter Collector Series, featuring opening cockpit, wheel-able rotating ion cannons, retractable skids, plus a minifigure and droid.
This LEGO® Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series model has an amazing level of detail, including an opening minifigure cockpit for the included Gold Minifigure Leader, wheel-able rotating ion cannons on top, retractable landing skids and space for the R2-BHD astromech droid.
This fantastic Star Wars toy also comes with a tilting display stand and informational fact plate, making it the perfect centerpiece for your collection.
- Includes a Gold Leader minifigure and an R2-BHD droid.
- Features highly authentic detailing, opening cockpit minifigure, wheel-able rotating ion cannons on top, retractable landing skids and space for the included R2-BHD astromech droid.
- Also includes the Gold Leader’s blaster pistol.
- Display the model on the tilting booth with informational fact plate.
- Makes the perfect LEGO® Star Wars collection.
- Part of the Ultimate Collector Series.
- Measures over 7cm high, 61cm long and 30cm wide, and over 24cm high mounted on stand.