Welcome to the very first LEGO Power Rankings list of 2022! January and February have just zipped by, and we’ve also been treated to a massive deluge of new LEGO sets in January and February to keep us busy, and excited!
Here’s a roundup of some of my favourite sets released in 2022 so far!
February 2022 LEGO Power Rankings
I decided to start the Power Rankings in February this year, just so that there was a wider pool of sets to choose from, and with all the awesome new sets released in March 2022, I expect this list to vigorously change next month.
Top 10 LEGO sets as of February 2022
- 31129 Majestic Tiger
- 10297 Boutique Hotel [Review] [Rating: 5/5 ★★★★★]
- 80036 The City of Lanterns
- 21331 Sonic the Hedgehog Green Hill Zone
- LEGO Minifigures Series 22 [Review] [Rating: 3/5 ★★★✰✰]
- 80108 Lunar New Year Traditions [Review] [Rating: 4/5 ★★★★✰]
- 71767 Ninja Dojo Temple
- 75322 Hoth AT-ST
- 40553 Woody & Bo Peep [Review] [Rating: 4/5 ★★★★✰]
- 40524 Sunflowers [Review] [Rating: 3/5 ★★★✰✰]
The Top 10 was a little hard to finish up, as my review backlog has grown enormously, and I keep putting off completing my review of the 31129 Majestic Tiger and 21331 Sonic the Hedgehog as well, but I finally landed on the list.
A tough one for me was where to place 10297 Boutique Hotel, which I awarded a rare perfect 5/5 score in my review, and while I absolutely think its one of the best Modulars LEGO have ever produced, the Majestic Tiger has the slight edge because of its accessible price.
Apart from that, nothing too crazy, but I expect this list to be shaken up in March, when we get to add a whole new bunch of LEGO D2C and exclusive sets into contention!
I’ll hold off on creating the list for the Top 10 LEGO sets under US$50, while we await more releases so that it doesn’t mimic the Top 10 Power Rankings as we’re still only 2 months into 2022!
What are Power Rankings?
Essentially, they’re commonly used in sports leagues like the NBA to track and compare the best/worst performing teams, often changing weekly based on results and how teams play.
I often get asked via email or on social media what the best sets of the (insert current) year/month are, and I usually rattle off what I personally like, so to start 2022, I’ve decided to start a regular series where I track and rank what the best 10 LEGO sets are at the end of each month.
This isn’t meant to be scientific or data-driven (some of these I haven’t personally built/own yet) – just my personal opinion of what I think are the best LEGO sets of 2022!
Of course, for a more comprehensive evaluation of LEGO sets, you can read my LEGO reviews for more detailed opinions. For sets that I’ve reviewed, I’ll also include the scores next to the power rankings, but it’s quite unlikely that I’ll get to review every amazing set of 2022 – I sometimes build and miss out reviewing due to time/scheduling issues.
New Extra Pieces Podcast episodes
The Extra Pieces podcast (hosted by yours truly and Richard from the Rambling Brick) has had a few new episodes since the start of the New Year. Richard and I have had a pretty hectic schedule, but
Special thanks to everyone that’s been tuning in and discovering us!
Here are some recent episodes:
- Extra Pieces: Lunar New Year, Brickheadz, Ninjago EVO Dragons, Monkie Kid, LEGO Super Mario, Star Wars,Space , Black history Month
- Extra Pieces: We are Back – Brickvention Wrap-up, Boutique Hotel, Majestic Tiger, The Globe and More
To listen to the Extra Pieces podcast, you can find us wherever you get your podcasts from:
For everyone that has subscribed and been listening, thank you so much! If I could ask you for a huge favour – if you’ve been enjoying the podcasts, do consider leaving us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts! That would be super helpful to help improve our discoverability!
Notable LEGO headlines – February 2022
- Is LEGO really working on a Transformers Optimus Prime set?
- 40503 Dagny Holm Master Builder is the 3rd LEGO House exclusive set!
- LEGO 40530 Jane Goodall Tribute GWP revealed for International Women’s Day 2022!
- KPOP Sensation BTS and A-Frame Cabin are your next LEGO Ideas sets
- Want a LEGO MRI Scanner? LEGO is inviting radiology departments worldwide to apply!
- List of LEGO Ideas Sets coming in 2022… and beyond! [updated February]
- LEGO Horizon Forbidden West Tallneck (76989) officially revealed – coming May 2022!
- LEGO 76956 T. Rex Breakout featuring THAT Jurassic Park scene revealed!
- Complete 2022 LEGO Jurassic World Dominion set lineup revealed!
- LEGO 76208 The Goat Boat from Thor Love and Thunder revealed!
- Expanding the LEGO Modular Boutique Hotel? Here are what some LEGO builders are doing!
- Five video games I’d love LEGO to take on after Horizon Forbidden West
New LEGO Reviews on the blog
- Review: LEGO 31124 Super Robot – 7 March
- Review: LEGO 40530 Jane Goodall Tribute (gift with purchase) – 2 March
- Review: LEGO 10298 Vespa 125 – 26 February
- Review: LEGO 76209 Thor’s Hammer (Mjolnir) – 25 February
- Review: LEGO 10299 Real Madrid Santiago Bernabeu Stadium – 23 February
- Review: LEGO 75324 Dark Trooper Attack – 21 February
- Review: LEGO Ninjago EVO Dragons (71760, 71762) – 20 February
- Review: LEGO 75343 Dark Trooper Helmet – 12 February
- Review: LEGO 75327 Luke Skywalker (Red Five) Helmet – 10 February
- Review: 10270 Modular Bookshop (Guest Review) – 7 February
Interesting LEGO articles and videos from across the web you should check out
- LEGO Community in Ukraine – welcome to Kyiv’s Comfort Town – BrickNerd
- The Evolution of minifigure heads – Brickset
- Artist Spotlight: Retzka.Photobricks – BrickCentral
- Whatever Happened To Classic Town IV: Welcome to LEGO City – Rambling Brick
- The LEGO Group invests to create cutting-edge engineering and innovation workplaces in Danish Headquarters – LEGO.com
- Frogs on candlestick pond – The Brothers Brick
LEGO Instagram Highlights – February 2022
LEGO Youtube Highlights – February 2022
- LEGO Technic 42141 McLaren F1 (2021.5) race car detailed building review – RacingBrick
- Illegal LEGO Techniques – Tiago Catarino
- Scary LEGO Mario Bootleg – Just2Good
- “I’ve Never Been DISRESPECTED Like THIS” | LEGO Reality TV Parody – Emmasaurus
To get the latest LEGO news and LEGO Reviews straight in your inbox, subscribe via email, or you can also follow on Google News, or socials on Facebook, Instagram (@jayong28), Twitter or subscribe to the Jay’s Brick Blog Youtube channel.
Leave a Reply