Not to alarm you, with March coming to a close, we’re now in the second quarter of 2021! March has been a relatively quiet month for LEGO but there has been an absolute ton of announcements and developments!
March 2021 LEGO Power Rankings
Without further ado, here are the new Power Rankings for March 2021!
Top 10 LEGO sets of March 2021
- 21326 Winnie the Pooh *NEW* [Review] [Rating: 5/5 ★★★★★]
- 10281 Bonsai Tree ⬇️
- 80107 Spring Lantern Festival [Review] ⬇️[Rating: 5/5 ★★★★★]
- 21325 Medieval Blacksmith ⬇️
- 10278 Modular Police Station ⬇️ [Review] [Rating: 4/5 ★★★★✰]
- 71741 Ninjago City Gardens ⬇️
- 10280 Flower Bouquet ⬇️
- Series 21 Minifigures [Review] ⬇️ [Rating: 4/5 ★★★★✰]
- 71738 Zane’s Titan Mech Battle ⬇️
- 10295 Porsche 911 Turbo & Targa ⬇️
March 2021 was a little quiet on major releases, except for the highly anticipated Winnie the Pooh set which was released as an early access VIP set on 18 March 2021, and promptly sold out almost immediately.
I awarded it the first 5/5 rating of 2021, and it makes it debut in the Power Rankings in the Number 1 spot, finally dethroning the Bonsai Tree who has occupied the list for 2 consecutive months.
Unfortunately that means, everyone got bumped 1 position down, and we bid farewell to the Harry Potter Moments Books.
No other movements as I’m pretty happy with the way the chart looks at the moment!
April 2021 is going to be super exciting, starting off with the release of the Space Shuttle Discovery on 1 April, Darth Vader & Scout Trooper helmets (you can pre-order them now!) and what is likely going to be the full reveal of this year’s May the 4th Star Wars set, which is very likely going to be a new R2-D2!
What are Power Rankings?
Essentially, they’re commonly used in sports leagues like the NBA to track and compare the best/worst performing teams, often changing weekly based on results and how teams play.
I often get asked via email or on social media what the best sets of the (insert current) year/month are, and I usually rattle off what I personally like, so to start 2021, I’ve decided to start a regular series where I track and rank what the best 10 LEGO sets are at the end of each month.
This isn’t meant to be scientific or data-driven (some of these I haven’t personally built/own yet) – just my personal opinion of what I think are the best LEGO sets of 2021!
Of course, for a more comprehensive evaluation of LEGO sets, you can read my LEGO reviews for more detailed opinions. For sets that I’ve reviewed, I’ll also include the scores next to the power rankings, but it’s quite unlikely that I’ll get to review every amazing set of 2021 – I sometimes build and miss out reviewing due to time/scheduling issues.
Other interesting LEGO finds from around the web you should read, check out or watch from March 2021
Celebrating International Women’s Day, and Women’s History Month
March is all about commemorating and celebrating the achievements of women, with International Women’s Day.
To mark the day, I decided to compile a list of 50+ female LEGO Designers, Content Creators and Creatives you should follow, to highlight the incredible women in the LEGO community.
LEGO also contributed with the Future Builders campaign. Be sure to also check out equally great posts from Tips and Bricks and The Brothers Brick interview of Mel Caddick, who designed the Amelia Earhart set.
- Future Builders campaign by LEGO
- Trends in LEGO Minifigure Gender Representation in Licensed Themes I – LEGO Star Wars by Rambling Brick
- Women’s History Month feature by Tips and Bricks
- Mel Caddick Interview by The Brothers Brick
- LEGO Clutch Test Implements by Brick Architect
- LEGO 10283 NASA Space Shuttle Discovery by True North Bricks
- LEGO 10283 NASA Space Shuttle Discovery Part Review by New Elementary
- LEGO House Brick Moulding Machine Review by New Elementary
- Malevolent Minifigures by Brickset
- LEGO Community in the time of Covid by Bricknerd
Notable LEGO headlines
- LEGO teases the upcoming UCS Republic Gunship set – more information revealed!
- First look at LEGO Shang-Chi – 76177 Battle at the Ancient Village
- LEGO 76182 Batman Cowl revealed!
- From Scala and Belville to Friends and Elves: The evolution of LEGO themes marketed towards girls
- 50 female LEGO Designers, Creatives and Content Creators you should follow
- The LEGO Group emerges from the pandemic stronger than ever with great growth numbers in 2020
- The LEGO Bricklink Designer Program: 2021 Invitational is now live – second chance for LEGO Ideas sets
- LEGO 10283 NASA Space Shuttle Discovery and Hubble Telescope coming 1 April 2021
Read (and watch) March 2021 reviews
It’s been a busy month for reviews! In case you missed anything, check out all sets I’ve reviewed in March 2021 below!
Let me know in the comments what your favourite sets or builds from March 2021 were!