It’s finally official – introducing the LEGO Marvel Studios Collectible Minifigures series, coming in September 2021 featuring 12 characters from the Marvel’s lineup of Disney Plus shows – Loki, Wandavision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and the upcoming animated series What If?
UPDATE: To see more of the entire series, check out my review of the LEGO Marvel Studios Minifigures!
The series, like Looney Tunes and Series 21 will include 12 characters to collect. It’s unknown what the box break down and distribution will be, but it’s very safe to assume there’ll be 3 full sets per box.
Unfortunately, it looks like Australia will get the short end of the stick, as the Australian product page says it’ll be available on 1 October 2021, whereas the USA has a 1 September release date. That contradicts the physical LEGO catalogue, which says the new series will be in September, so it seems like there’s a slight delay for us Down Under.
I’ll be getting these to review soon, so keen an eye out for my review when I can publish it!
- Scarlet Witch (with red power blasts)
- The Vision (with a computer featuring The Hex)
- Monica Rambeau aka Photon (with SWORD toy helicopter)
- Loki (with TVA Mug and Throg)
- Sylvie (with a green dagger and Alligator Loki)
Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2)
- Falcon in Captain America suit (with Captain America shield, Falcon wings and Redwing)
- Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier (with Captain America shield and daggers)
What if? (5)
- Captain Carter (with Captain Britain shield, and Tesseract)
- Gamora with the Blade of Thanos (with Thanos’ double-edged sword)
- Zombie Hunter Spidey (with webbing and alternate Peter Parker head)
- Zombie Captain America. (with scratched Captain America shield)
- T’Challa Star-Lord (with Quad Blasters)
There are some really outstanding accessories, and references on show here – with Throg (yes, that’s Thor as a Frog variant) and Alligator Loki, being my absolute favourites.
Captain Carter’s shield is really sick, as is Falcon’s highly detailed printed wings AND Redwing, which attaches to his wings.
We haven’t seen much from Marvel’s What If yet outside of a few trailers, but I am so pumped to learn more about Zombie Hunter Spidey, and T’Challa as Star-Lord looks absolutely sick with his purple jacket. And Zombie Captain America is also looking great with his scratched shield, and who doesn’t love Zombie versions of their favourite Marvel heroes?
Rounding out the references to movies is Loki’s TVA mug, and also Monica Rambeau’s SWORD toy helicopter.
There are heaps of Marvel fans out there, and I have personally really enjoyed all the Disney Plus shows, and the attention to detail here, and all the fun little references in are just an absolute dream come through for fans of the MCU.
For the very first Marvel Minifigures series, I think the LEGO Minifigures team have definitely hit this one out of the park.
What do you think of the LEGO Marvel minifigures series? Let me know in the comments what your favourite characters are from the series!
Subscribe to receive updates on new posts and reviews!
To get the latest LEGO news and LEGO Reviews straight in your inbox, subscribe via email, or you can also follow on Google News, or socials on Facebook, Instagram (@jayong28), Twitter or subscribe to the Jay’s Brick Blog Youtube channel.